The Squirrely: Transformer Bushing Guard
Wildlife, Squirrel, & Bird Guard used on the primary bushing of a secondary transformer
Part#: HJA-700 | Click here to download the Squirrely brochure
There’s a fast, inexpensive, and safe way to prevent outages caused by squirrels, birds and rodents without de-energizing at the transformer.
The Squirrely is a specially designed small-animal guard, and we’ve insulated the stinger an extra 10-12 inches from secondary transformer bushings.
- • Highly effective in preventing electrical outages caused by squirrels and birds
- • Can be installed while the service is still energized
- • Easily installed with any style of shotgun
- • UV protected for extended life
- • Can be installed by 1 person on the ground using a telescoping hot stick with the Squirrely Installation tool HJA-700-100
How to Install the Squirrely:
Outages Caused by Squirrels:
“I don’t think paralysis [of the electrical grid] is more likely by cyberattack than by natural disaster. And frankly the number-one threat experienced to date by the US electrical grid is squirrels.” – John C. Inglis, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency 2015.07.09
As told to The Washington Post, The American Public Power Association, a group representing municipal electric utilities, says that squirrels are the most frequent cause of power outages in the U.S., although it notes that squirrel-induced outages typically affect fewer people than outages caused by storms. “Squirrels remain the biggest wildlife nemesis because of their sheer numbers and smarts,” the story concluded. See article.
A recent incident in the Cyber Squirrel database happened on January 2 in Wagoner, Oklahoma. A squirrel touched grounded wire at an electric substation, knocking out power for a portion of the town for five hours.
Squirrely Installation Tool:
The Squirrely Installation Tool (Part Number: HJA-700-100) attaches to any hot stick with a universal end.
Every 500 Squirrelies purchased receives a free Squirrely Installation Tool!
Tags: squirrley, squirrly, squirley, squirely, squirly
- *For pricing information, please call Arnett at (503) 692-4600
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or visit our online store